Jan 25, 2023
Connecting Apple Devices to an Airtame
Many rooms, projectors, and TVs across D11 are equipped with an AirTame casting device. These devices help you to show a device's screen up on a larger platform for the entire room to see as well. The following instructions outline how you can connect to these devices using a D11 Apple Device (iOS or macOS) using a protocol commonly referred to as "AirPlay". You will typically use this with an iPad or a Macbook. For instructions on how to cast from other types of devices please see the linked articles below
Here is your step by step guide for how to present from an iOS device
- On your iPad, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to open the Control Center.
- On an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen.
- On an iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Tap on the “Screen Mirroring” option.
- Tap on the name of the Airtame from the list.
- You should then be prompted to enter a PIN code that should show on the screen you are casting to. On your iOS Device, enter a 4- or 8-digit PIN that you see on the screen that your Airtame is connected to.
- This PIN code will be required every time the Airtame reboots but not when the scheduled Sleep Mode ends.
- To stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad, open the Control Center again, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring.
Here is your step by step guide for how to present from a macOS computer
- On your Mac click on the AirPlay icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- If you don't see the icon, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Displays, then select "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available."
- Click on the name of the Airtame from the list.
- To use Airtame as a second display, click in the menu bar, then select Use As Separate Display.
- To stop presenting with AirPlay, click back in the menu bar, then choose Turn AirPlay Off.
As always the D11 Technical and Support Services team is ready to answer any questions you have. Feel free to reach out to us by phone at 520.2211, or by submitting an IT Support Ticket.
This article was adapted from "Present to Airtame 2 with AirPlay". (2021). Retrieved from http://help.airtame.com/en/articles/4582484-present-to-airtame-2-with-airplay