Colorado Springs School District 11 has a 90-day password policy for employee accounts. This policy requires all employees to change their password, at a minimum, once every 90 days. It can be done more frequently at the user's discretion but MUST be done every 90 days at a minimum.
Below you will see a few different options for changing your password. You can jump to any of the scenarios that best fits your needs by clicking one of the links directly below.
- Changing your D11 password on a Windows 10 Computer (On Network)
- Changing your D11 password on a macOS Computer (On Network)
- From your Windows 10 Desktop screen, hold down the CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys all at the same time. You should see a few options. One of them will be "Change Password", click that option.
- Once the next screen you should see your D11 Photo and right below it four boxes. Please make sure all those boxes are filled in.
- Old Password - This is your current password
- New Password - Enter your new password
- Confirm Password - Confirm the new password
- Once you have filled in all those boxes, click the arrow button next to the password confirmation box
- If you have met all the password requirements you should see a confirmation page. Simply click the "OK" button and your password is good for the next 90 days.
- On your D11 macOS computer look in the upper right corner of your screen. You should see what looks like a triangle icon with a checkmark in it and a number next to it, e.g. 269d.
- In the dropdown menu, you will want to choose "Change Password".
- In the small window that opens, enter your current password, a new password, and then confirm that password. Once you have all that entered, click the "Change Password" button.
- If you have met all the password requirements you should see a confirmation window. Simply click the "OK" button and your password is good for the next 90 days.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.