Some schools/sites may choose to use the User Box functionality on the Konica MFP Copiers at their site. This requires some extras steps, per user/device, in order to make it work successfully.
- On the computer that the end-user will be using to print/copy from, have that user login.
- In the search bar, located at the bottom left of the screen, type "Printers and & Scanners". When you see the setting option appear, click on it.
- Find the Konica in the list that you want to set up the User Box on and click on it to reveal a few options. You should see three buttons; Open queue, Manage, Remove Device. You will want to click on the "Manage" button.
- This should open a new window. In that window, you will see a few more options. You are looking for the one that says "Printing Preferences". Click on that hyperlink.
- In the window that opens, you should see several tabs along the top. You are looking for a tab that says "Basic" its typically the second tab. Click on that tab to open the Basic Printing Preferences options.
- Now that you are in the Basic preferences tab, you are looking for a button that says "Authentication/Account Tracking". The button should be on the right-hand side of the window, just below "User Settings". Click that button.
- In the window that opens you will need to enter your employee id number in the password box and then click the "Verify" button.
- If everything worked correctly you should see a popup box that says "Verification has succeeded". Click the "OK" button in that box. Back on the Basic Tab of your Printing Preferences, you should now see that the "Apply" button is no longer greyed out, click that button to save all the work you just set.
- Next, click on the "User Settings" button.
- In the User Setting box, you are looking for a button towards the bottom right labeled "Obtain Device Information". Once you find it click this button.
- This should populate the User Box Information list. Look for your name and then click to highlight it. Once you have highlighted it, you should see a number populate the "User Box Number" box just above the list. Once you verify that it has populated, click the "OK" button at the bottom of the box.
- You should now be back on your Basic tab for Printing Preferences. Again, you will want to click the "Apply" button to save all your changes.
- The final step is setting your Output Method. In your Basic tab for Printing Preferences, find the dropdown on the right-hand side that is labeled "Output Method". Click on the dropdown, locate the "Save in User Box" option, select it, and click the "Apply" button one last time.
- Now you are completed with the setup and are ready to test. Select OK to close the window and you will be back at the manage your device page where you will select Print a test page to confirm everything is working. You will need to walk to your printer, login, and check your userbox for the test page you just printed.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.