All D11 Employees have the ability to use D11 iOS or personal iOS devices to make and answer calls using the Cisco Jabber app. To set it up please follow the steps outlined below.
NOTE: setting up the Jabber app on a Windows 10 computer is very similar to these steps. However, for more specific steps please see this article.
- On your iOS device, if you have not already, navigate to the App Store and download the Cisco Jabber app. This is a FREE application, do not pay for it. If you are being asked to pay any amount of money you have the wrong app. It should say "Get" or have a cloud for downloading if you have previously downloaded it on your account to a different device.
- Once you have it downloaded to your device you should see it on your home screen somewhere, tab on the app to open in.
- Once the application is open, if you have never logged in on this device, you will be prompted to sign in. Please use your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then click the "Continue" button that should have changed color from grey to blue.
- The system will verify that you are a valid user and then move onto a new screen. On the next screen, you should see the email address you just entered and a blank section to enter your network password. Once you have entered your password click the blue "Sign In" button to initiate logging into the system.
- Depending on the device type you have and settings you have enabled, you may be prompted to allow a biometric login. This is entirely up to you and your preference to either "Yes" or "No".
- You may be greeted with a "wizard". Please click the "Done" option to move on.
- Now that you are logged in, look to the top left corner of the Jabber app, you should see your initials here. Click on your initials to reveal a callout menu. In that menu, you will want to click on the "Settings" option towards the bottom of that menu.
- In the next menu, you should see an option for "Settings" just below your name. Tab on that to open the Settings Menu.
- In the Settings menu, you should see several options. In the fourth section titled "Call", you will see an option for "Call Forwarding". Tab that option to move into the Call Forwarding Options.
- In the next screen you will see a few settings, please choose "New Number".
- A new option will appear that says "Foward To". Tab on that option.
- On the next screen enter the number that displays on the screen of your classroom phone and then click the "Done" button. Calls will now be forwarded to your device rather than going straight to your voicemail.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.