You can print from your Chromebook using most printers that connect to Wi-Fi or a wired network. Currently, Chromebooks don't support Bluetooth printing.
Tip: You can also use a USB cable to connect your printer to your Chromebook. When you use a cable, you'll see a notification. Follow any on-screen instructions. Your printer won’t need to be connected to Wi-Fi if it is directly connected to your Chromebook.
Step 1: Connect to the internet
- Turn on your printer.
- Connect your printer to a network. If you need help, follow your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you haven’t yet, turn on your Chromebook and sign in.
- Connect your Chromebook to the same network as your printer.
Step 2: Print a page
- To print the page, image or document you’re viewing, press Ctrl + p.
- Next to "Destination," select the Down arrow .
- Select See more...
- Choose your printer. Tip: Some printers will automatically show up on this list. If you don’t see your printer on the list, you can select Manage.
- Select Print.
Add your printer to your Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- Under "Printing," select Printers.
- Under "Available printers to save," next to your printer, select Save.
- Check that your printer appears at the top, under "Saved printers."
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.
Google. (2020). Set up your printer - Chromebook. Retrieved from Chromebook Help: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en