Setting Up a Printer on a Chromebook
You can print from your Chromebook using most printers that connect to Wi-Fi or a wired network. Currently, Chromebooks don't support Bluetooth printing.
Tip: You can also use a USB cable to connect your printer to your Chromebook. When you use a cable, you'll see a notification. Follow any on-screen instructions. Your printer won’t need to be connected to Wi-Fi if it is directly connected to your Chromebook.
Step 1: Connect to the internet
- Turn on your printer.
- Connect your printer to a network. If you need help, follow your printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you haven’t yet, turn on your Chromebook and sign in.
- Connect your Chromebook to the same network as your printer.
Step 2: Print a page
- To print the page, image or document you’re viewing, press Ctrl + p.
- Next to "Destination", select the Down arrow .
- Select "See more..."
- Choose your printer. Tip: Some printers will automatically show up on this list. If you don’t see your printer on the list, you can select "Manage".
- Select "Print".
Adding your printer to your Chromebook
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select "Advanced".
- Under Printing, select "Printers".
- Under "Available printers to save", next to your printer, select "Save".
- Check that your printer appears at the top, under "Saved printers".
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.
Google. (2020). Set up your printer - Chromebook. Retrieved from Chromebook Help: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en