District 11 Students and Staff have the ability to install a version of Office 365 on their home computers or devices through our agreement with Microsoft. To do so please watch the video or follow the instructions below that should take you step-by-step through this simple process.
This video has no audio. It's a quick click-through demo of the process.
This video may not play in Google Chrome Browser. If it does not please try another browser like MS Edge or Apple Safari
Downloading and Installing Office 365 at home
- Open a web browser and navigate to Office 365 typing office.com in the URL bar.
- In the top right corner click on "Sign In"
- On the next page, you will either have the option to enter your full D11 Email (email@example.com) or choose it if you have previously logged into Office online.
- If you see your D11 email, simply select it to move forward
- If you do not see it, enter your full D11 email address
- After either selection the next screen will prompt you for your D11 Network Password, please enter it and click the "Sign In" button.
- You may also be prompted to stay logged in, this is your personal choice.
- Now that you are logged in, you will see your dashboard. If you look right above all the icons for the Online Office Apps you will see a drop-down that says "Install Office". Click that box.
- In the dropdown, you should see two options
- Office 365 apps
- Other install options
- Click the option that says "Office 365 apps"
- Once you click, you should see the download of the install file begin. You will see one of two file types based on your system (.exe for Windows 10 and .pkg for macOS). You should also see a popup window that gives quick instructions on next steps.
- Click Run
- Click the Setup file at the bottom of the screen
- Say "yes"
- Click Yes to start installing
- Stay Online
- After installation, start Office and sign in with the account you use for Office 365. First.Last@d11.org
- Click Run
- From here the automated wizard should take over and install office for you
- If you still need assistance please feel free to contact the support center at 520.2211