Recalling Emails from Outlook Online
Is it Possible?
Let's say you've just sent an email message to someone by mistake from your Outlook email online (Outlook.com rather than the client on your computer) How do you recall it? Unfortunately, you can't.
Message recall is not available for the online version of Outlook.
This feature is currently only available on the Windows version of the client that is installed on the Desktop of your D11 Windows 10 computer. Message recall is available in the Desktop version of Outlook for Windows. To view instructions on how to do this, see the How do I recall an email article.
Although you cannot recall an email in the online Outlook, there is an option to allow you to stop a message within a few seconds of sending it, if you realize you made the mistake in time.
Set Up Undo Send in Outlook.com
Although you cannot recall a message once it's been sent in online Outlook, you can turn on a delay send option which will give you up to 10 seconds to prevent the message from ever being sent in the first place.
To turn on the "Undo Send" option go to you online Outlook, make sure you are signed in and complete the following:
- At the top of the page, click the Settings icon and then click on the "View all Outlook settings" link at the bottom of the dropdown.
- In the window that opens select the "Mail" settings and then the "Compose and reply" settings.
- In the section that opens you will need to scroll down until you see a section labeled "Undo Send".
- In this section, you should see a slider bar that is likely set at "0". You can move this bar left to right and choose how long Outlook.com will wait to send your messages.
- You will have three options to choose from:
- delay 0 sec (message is sent immediately)
- delay 5 sec
- delay 10 sec
- Once you have the slider set to your desired amount of time to delay messages, click the "Save" button at the bottom of that window and then close the settings window by clicking the "X" at the top of that frame
- Now that you have the Undo Send option set up, you should see an "Undo Send" prompt at the bottom of the message list whenever you send a new message. The prompt will be available for the length of time you set in the Compose and reply settings.
For assistance, call the Support Center at 520-2211 or submit a HappyFox ticket.