Let's say you've just sent an email message to someone by mistake from your email online, Outlook.com rather than the client on your computer. How do you recall it? Unfortunately, you can't.
Message recall is not available for the online version of Outlook. This feature is currently only available on the Windows version of the client that is installed on your D11 Windows 10 computer. So, once you send an email message, it's gone from our email server and out of anyone's control.
Message recall is available in Outlook for Windows. To view instructions on how to do this, see the How do I recall an email article.
Now, this article is not meant to be all doom and gloom. There is an option online to allow you to stop a message within a few seconds of sending if you realize you made a mistake.
Set up undo send in Outlook.com
Although you can't recall a message once it's been sent, when you turn on the undo send option, Outlook.com delays sending the message so you can cancel it if you change your mind.
You can delay sending your message for up to 10 seconds. To turn on the "Undo Send" option:
- At the top of the page, click the Settings icon and then click on the "View all Outlook settings" link at the bottom of the dropdown.
- In the window that opens select the "Mail" settings and then the "Compose and reply" settings.
- In the section that opens you will need to scroll down until you see a section labeled "Undo Send".
- In this section, you should see a slider bar that is likely set at "0". You can move this bar left to right and choose how long Outlook.com will wait to send your messages.
- You will have three options to choose from:
- delay 0 sec (send immediately)
- delay 5 sec
- delay 10 sec
- Once you have the slider set to your desired amount of time to delay messages, click the "Save" button at the bottom of that window and then close the settings window by clicking the "X" at the top of that frame
- Now that you have the Undo Send option set up, you should see an "Undo Send" prompt at the bottom of the message list whenever you send a new message. The prompt will be available for the length of time you set in the Compose and reply settings.
As always, if you still need assistance please feel free to contact the support center at 520.2211