VPN on Windows
In order to connect to the D11 VPN on a Windows 10 computer, you will need to follow the steps outlined below. This will only work if you have a current D11 username and password. If you are using an Apple/Mac product and need the VPN, please contact the Support Center at 520-2211.
- D11 Windows devices should come with the VPN already installed. At the bottom left of your screen, use the search option to locate the VPN by typing "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" and opening the application.
- You should now see a small application running in the bottom right corner of your screen. In this application, click the "Connect" Button.
NOTE: If there is nothing in the box next to the Connect button please enter the following address, https://d11.org-npjgvjpghjc.dynamic-m.com, and then click the connect button
ADDENDUM: ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED FOR CISCO DUO
When connecting through VPN you will have to confirm it is really you, every connection attempt, through the DUO 2 Factor Authentication (2FA). The only 2FA option for Cisco AnyConnect VPN is a device push. A phone call or SMS/text message are not supported. Therefore, Duo authentication for AnyConnect VPN requires that Duo Mobile smart phone app is on your phone or tablet. This is because Duo acts differently between integrating with web browser applications, such as Outlook Online, or with locally installed applications such as Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If you try to connect to the VPN and you do not verify your log in through DUO, it will not connect.
- In the next screen that opens, enter your D11 email ([email protected]) and then click the "OK" button.
- After submitting your username and password into the AnyConnect application, instead of seeing a Duo pop-up on your computer, you will see an immediate push notification on your mobile device that has the DUO app (see below for example). Do not be alarmed if you login and nothing happens. Rather, you will need to check your phone/tablet for the push notification. You may even need to open the DUO app if you do not see the push notification.
- Once the system authenticates the credentials you have provided and you have verified the log in through DUO, you will be presented with a warning regarding the D11 Acceptable Use Agreement (AUA). Please read through this the first time to make sure you understand and then click the "Accept" button to accept the conditions of using the D11 VPN.
- The application should appear from your view at this point and you should get a notification that shows you are connected. This notification may pop back up from time to time. If you find that the notifications are a nuisance, you can click on it and turn off the notifications.
- If you want to check the status of your connection, you can click on the carrot icon in your taskbar. If you see the icon with a closed lock you should be connected to the VPN. You can also click on the icon to reveal the application again in full size.
- Finally, as a good measure, if you do not have a reason to be connected to our network we ask that you please disconnect from it.
Please only use the VPN when you have to access files that are only available on our network.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.