Printer logic is a web-based software that allows end-users to easily install drivers for available printers that are mapped on the CSSD11 network. Printer logic can be found in one of two places, the first being printerlogic.cssd11.k12.co.us and the other one being an icon located on the Windows 10 System Tray. The KB article below describes how to use the System Tray method. If you do not have the icon in your Windows 10 System Tray, you can use the URL method and skip to step number 3.
System Tray Method
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of your Windows 10 computer screen and click on the upside-down carrot (arrow) to reveal shortcuts for applications/tasks that can be run. You should see a printer icon with a green "+" symbol on it, as depicted in the image below.
- If you do not see the icon in your system tray, you will need to use the URL method to install the Printer Logic Client.
- Upon clicking on the icon, your default web browser (Chrome, Explorer, Edge, etc) will open a web page with a map of your school. Depending on your school, and how the viewing permissions are set up, you may see more or fewer printers available. Your map should look similar to this, but will only list your assigned schools. Choose your school from the menu by clicking on your floor or building, depending on site. If you have multiple buildings or floors you may need to click the arrow next to the site name to expand your list
- To manually install a printer, you will hover over the printer and then click the install printer button that appears.
- Next, you will be presented with a popup window that will ask you to confirm the install. Simply click the "Yes" button to begin the install process.
- You also will have the option to set this printer as your default printer, if you wish, by clicking the checkbox in the bottom left corner.
- You should see a status window appear in the top left of your browser, with the status of your install.
- Once the printer has successfully installed you will get a final notice window that should say "example_printer_xxxx has been successfully installed.
- If you wish to double-check that the printer is installed, you can navigate to the "Printers & Scanners" settings window and look for it in the list of printers
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.