If you typically use Chrome as your web browser, but you need to access a web application that only works in Internet Explorer (aka IE), you can add an extension to your browser that will emulate using Internet Explorer without having to go back and forth between browsers. The following steps will guide you through adding the extension to Chrome.
- Open a new Chrome browser window. Click on the puzzle piece located to the right of the address bar.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, look at the bottom and choose "Manage extensions".
- In the top left corner of the browser, you should see a stack of three lines, click the three lines and a menu should appear.
- At the bottom of the menu, you will see "Open Chrome Web Store". Click that option.
- This will open a new tab for the Web Store, you should see a search option. Type "IE Tab" and hit your enter key. You will see a few options, the first one should be "IE Tab", click on this one to proceed.
- On the page that opens, click the "Add to Chrome" button.
- You should see a confirmation pop-up to confirm the addition of the extension. Click "Add extension" in this pop-up.
- The addition should happen almost immediately. Once it is added to your browser, go back up to the puzzle piece to view your menu again. You should now see the "IE Tab" extension. If you click on the thumbtack it will add it to your group of pinned extensions in your favorites bar.
- The first time you use the extension you may be prompted to install a helper (Windows 10 only). You should see a download of the install file in the bottom of your browser. Click on it to run the helper.
- Once the helper is installed, you can click on the extension again and start using the browser like it is IE. You will be prompted to log in. You can use the "Sign in with Google" button and then type in your D11 email ([email protected]). This will use the same authentication you are used to seeing in many of our applications through O365/Office Online.
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.