NOTE: This article only pertains to iOS (iPad) devices typically used by Colorado Springs School District 11. For information about other systems please see the articles linked below
- Windows (Dell OptiPlex, Dell Latitude, Dell Precision)
- macOS (MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini)
- Chrome (Chromebooks)
Colorado Springs School District 11 maintains and repairs all computing technology/devices that are issued out to staff and students. As technology ages, parts become hard to come by and more costly to obtain. At a certain point in a device's life cycle, it will be considered Beyond Economic Repair Cost (BERC). The typical lifecycle of an iPad is 5 years.
With that in mind, the Technical and Support Services team has created a list of iPads that will be supported and maintained throughout the school year. The table below shows the approximate calendar year during which select iPad models were originally released. The models shown here are those most commonly purchased for use by staff and students who require support from D11's Technical and Support Services Department. To quickly estimate your computer's age, simply find the model in the table below.
- iPads will be maintained and repaired if there is a failure to the system based on parts availability and cost of repair in relation to the value of the device.
- Any repair that is more than 70% of the value/depreciated value will be considered a total loss.
- Anything not on this list will not be repaired and considered BERC.
- These are the approximate years that the models first became available. Historically, Apple updates models every 12-18 months, and we typically switch models as they become available.
- This list will not change until the following school year. The list below are all supported devices through SY 2021-2022. (Scroll left and right if you cannot see the entire chart)
|Year||iPad||iPad Mini||iPad Air||iPad Pro (Small)||iPad Pro (Large)||iOS Version|
|2020||iPad (8th Gen)||iPad Air (4th Gen)||Pro 11" (A12Z)||12.9" (A12Z)||14.x|
|2019||iPad (7th Gen)||iPad Mini (5th Gen)||iPad Air (3rd Gen)||14.x|
|2018||iPad (6th Gen)||Pro 11" (A12X)||12.9" (A12X)||14.x|
|2017||iPad (5th Gen)||Pro 10.5 (A10X)||12.9" (A10X)||14.x|
|2016||Pro 9.7" (A9X)||12.9" (A9X)||14.x|
|Anything below this line is considered Beyond Economic Repair Cost (BERC) and will not be supported if it has an issue|
|2015||iPad Mini 4||14.x|
|2014||iPad Air 2||14.x|
|2014||iPad Mini 3||12.5.1|
|2013||iPad Mini 2||iPad Air||12.5.1|
|2012||iPad w/ Retina Disp||10.3.3|
|2012||iPad (3rd Gen)||iPad Mini||9.3.5|
- iPad model support decisions are made based on security updates and the ability to go to the next major version of iOS
* Apple typically releases new iPads / versions of iOS near the late summer / fall timeframe.