From time to time you may experience a "Green Screen" when using your D11 Chromebook and the Chrome browser. Below are a few steps that should help to rectify that issue.
- Open Chrome browser on your D11 Chromebook and in type URL bar type "chrome://flags"
- When the flags page opens, begin typing in the "Search flags" box the words "Hardware-accelerated video decode". This should start to filter the page and get you to the section faster.
- In the section that appears, you will be looking for a dropdown menu to the right of it. Click on that menu and select the "Disabled" option
- Once you Selected the "Disabled" option, you should see a pop-up along the bottom that says, "Your changes will take effect next time your device." If you are ready to relaunch, click the "RESTART" button at the bottom right of the window.
- This will relaunch/refresh your browser. We also recommend powering down the Chromebook and restarting it at this time, to get a refresh of current policies/updates that should be applied to your Chromebook
If you have any questions please contact the D11 Support Center at 520.2211, use our chat at https://support.d11.org, or search our Knowledge Base for more articles.